How to Prepare for the Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) Java SE 11 Developer Certification
Posted by: Brandye Barrington
Published: September 26, 2019
Java’s modularity, portability, robust features, security, and simplicity make it a top choice for developers worldwide. Java has steadfastly remained a top programming language for decades, which means it is a solid investment for learning and certification. To earn your Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) Java SE 11 Developer certification, you need to take two exams: Java SE 11 Programmer I exam (1Z0-815) and Java SE 11 Programmer II exam (1Z0-816)). To pass both the first time, we recommend developing a strategy for preparing for the exams. This article explains the steps you can take.
(If you’re already certified as a Java programmer for a previous release, get insight on the steps to take to earn your OCP Java SE 11 Developer certification, including different recommended training and exam requirements. Learn about alternative paths with the JJava SE Certification Guide.)
How to Pass the Java SE 11 Developer Certification Exams
The benefit of preparing for your exam is not only to help you pass the exams and earn the certification but also to help you get better at or qualify for today’s requirements as a Java Developer. Here are the steps you can take that can increase your odds of passing:
- Prepare for the first exam, Java SE 11 Programmer I, by reviewing the topics covered.
- Strengthen your Java SE 11 knowledge with authorized Oracle training, available in the classroom or online. Java SE 11 Programming I is recommended for the Java SE 11 Programmer I (1Z0-815) exam, available as a classroom or online training.
- Practice your Java SE 11 skills by participating in community-led forums for additional insight and feedback.
- Prepare for the exams with a Kaplan Java SE 11 Programmer I Certification Preparation Package.
- Take a practice test and review sample questions. Authorized practice exams from Kaplan IT Training help you identify your strengths and weaknesses before you take the exam. Practice tests use realistic exam simulations to help you focus your study and prepare for your exam.
- Schedule your exam by redeeming your exam voucher or registering with PearsonVUE.
- After you pass, schedule the second exam, Java SE 11 Programmer II.
- Review the Java SE 11 Programmer II topics.
- Prepare with advanced training and practice your skills. Java SE 11 Programming II is recommended for the Java SE 11 Programmer II (1Z0-816) exam, available as a classroom or online training.
- Take and pass your exam to earn the OCP certification.
You’re Certified—Now What?
To take this process one step further (because what is a certification if you don’t know what to do with it?), let’s take a look at how to promote your new certification! Share your Oracle certified digital badge on your LinkedIn profile to validate your professional and technical expertise. View labor market data and apply directly to available jobs, where your validated skills are in demand, directly from your digital badge template.
What are you waiting for? Get started!
About the Author
Brandye is a Senior Program Manager with Oracle Certification. An experienced leader in the field of IT Certification, Brandye has been in the certification industry for nearly 20 years, helping to build, grow and adapt Oracle's world class certification program. Brandye's expertise spans the operational intricacies of building and managing a global certification program. providing engaging dialogues and building enduring relationships with customers and industry leaders; maintaining content and communications on an ever-evolving website, support structure and social media network; and keeping the Oracle Certification audience informed on new policies and procedures as well as new certifications, exams and products that enhance their careers and provide maximum ROI on their certification investment.
Start Your Certification Journey
Keep on top of industry news with Kaplan IT Training. You'll also be the first to get our exclusive product promotions and discounts.