How to Become Adobe Certified
Posted by: Joshua Hester
Published: February 25, 2019
Why Adobe Certification?
Whether you are an advertising and marketing analytics pro, a digital graphics or web designer, or a one-person videographer/production studio, the tightly integrated Adobe family of products are important tools of the trade. Even if you are a newbie to Adobe products, you've probably heard of the two most popular graphic programs: Photoshop and Illustrator.
Although experience with these tools is critical, proving to employers and clients that you have the knowledge and skills to leverage Adobe products to their fullest capacity can truly set you apart. Adobe certification not only proves your expertise on your resumé or LinkedIn profile, but in the case of the expert certification, it also adds your information to the Adobe Certified Expert database so that others who are ready to hire can easily find you.
What are the types of Adobe Certification?
Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)
This was Adobe's first and most popular certification track, intended for experienced workers in their respective industries to validate their existing knowledge and skills with their products. Adobe recommends 2 to 5 years of experience using the respective product within a standard industry role. Each exam is roughly 60 multiple-choice questions, ranging from simple user interface basics to more detailed scenarios requiring a more thorough knowledge to choose the best solution.
The most popular Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) certifications are:
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2015 for web designers and developers
- Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 for digital graphic designers, photographers, and web designers
- Adobe InDesign CC 2015 for digital and print graphic designers, photographers, and web designers
- Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 for digital and print graphic designers, photographers, and web designers
Adobe Certified Associate (ACA)
Over time, Adobe realized how important it was to provide an entry level certification for digital art and web design students just learning their products. These exams include speciality drag/drop interactive items and task-based scenarios that simulate the actual application. Instead of focusing on advanced techniques and customization, the associate level exams cover foundation theory and key user interface elements. The exam duration is about 50 minutes.
The two most popular Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certifications are:
- Graphic Design & Illustration using Adobe Illustrator CC (2015) - Applying design and typography principles, managing tools and workplaces, and exporting the required formats
- Visual Design Using Adobe Photoshop CC (2018) - Applying color and other design principles to digital images, managing tools, settings and projects, organizing documents, and meeting publishing requirements of clients
How do you earn an Adobe Certification?
To schedule a certification exam for ACE, you should use the CertMetrics platform at https://www.certmetrics.com/adobe/. For the ACA certification exam, you'll need to either schedule the exam through your school or purchase an exam voucher a directly from Certiport. And of course, Kaplan IT Training has partnered with iPassExam to provide the official practice tests to help you pass these Adobe certification exams with flying colors!
Start Your Certification Journey
Keep on top of industry news with Kaplan IT Training. You'll also be the first to get our exclusive product promotions and discounts.